Hammerson plc (Hammerson, the Company)
20 April 2021
This announcement contains inside information.
Hammerson is pleased to announce the appointment of Himanshu Raja as Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Executive Director. He will succeed James Lenton who gave notice of his resignation to the Company in January 2021.
Himanshu will join as CFO and Executive Director on 26 April 2021, at which point James will step down from both roles.
Himanshu holds a law degree (LLB), is a Chartered Accountant and was most recently CFO at Countrywide, from 2017 until its sale to Connells Ltd in March 2021. Prior to that he had served as CFO at G4S plc, Misys plc and Logica plc. His previous roles have seen Himanshu work across a range of sectors, developing extensive experience in transformation and debt and equity markets.
Rita-Rose Gagné, Chief Executive of Hammerson, said: “Himanshu is an experienced CFO who brings a blend of strong financial, strategic and leadership qualities. On behalf of the Board, and all colleagues I look forward to welcoming him to the Company and benefitting from his insight and experience.”
Himanshu Raja said: “I am excited to be joining Hammerson during this period of unprecedented change in the sector and look forward to supporting Rita-Rose as she leads on the strategic review of the business to create value going forwards”
Himanshu Raja’s terms on appointment:
- Himanshu employment terms will be in line with Hammerson’s Directors’ Remuneration Policy (the Remuneration Policy), which has been approved by shareholders.
- His gross annual salary will be £430,000 and his pension allowance will be 10% of base salary. Upon joining, he will receive a Restricted Share Scheme award of 75% of salary in line with the Remuneration Policy.
- There is no buyout of or compensation for previous remuneration packages.
- Full details will be disclosed in the 2021 Directors’ Remuneration Report.
Himanshu is not currently a director of any publicly listed companies, however in the past five years he has served on the boards of the following:
- G4S plc from 7 October 2013 to 1 October 2016; and
- Countrywide Ltd (formerly Countrywide plc) from 12 June 2017 to 8 March 2021.
There are no further matters in connection with this appointment to be disclosed under Listing Rule 9.6.13.
In light of James’s departure, the Company proposes to withdraw Resolution 9 (proposing the re-election of James as a director) at its AGM on 4 May.
The announcement above has also been released on the SENS system of the Johannesburg Stock Exchange and Euronext Dublin.