Hammerson has announced that its flagship destinations in Ireland – Dundrum Town Centre, the Ilac Centre and Swords Pavilions – will officially re-open on 15 June, in line with the latest guidance from the Irish Government.
Customers are encouraged to check the centre websites for information on specific brands’ opening times before they visit. Selected restaurant brands will continue to be available for takeaway and delivery, with further guidance expected from the Government in the coming weeks on when these venues can reopen for dine-in customers, and when leisure operators can re-open.
Information and guidance on dedicated shopping hours for the over 70s and those who are medically vulnerable will be available on the centre websites in the coming days, ahead of opening.
Ensuring the safety of consumers, retailers and colleagues remains Hammerson’s number one priority. The business has introduced a range of measures to keep its customers safe at its flagship destinations. These include:
- Introduction of one way systems where required
- Clear signage throughout the destinations reminding consumers of the need to follow social distancing guidance, and to avoid shopping in large groups
- Customers are encouraged to wear face coverings when visiting the centre
- Using the centres’ communication channels including social media, digital in-mall displays and tannoy announcements to remind visitors about how to stay safe
- Enhanced cleaning processes, with a clear focus on key customer touch points
- Live monitoring of footfall to ensure there aren’t too many people in a centre at any one time
- Introduction of queuing outside the destinations where required to manage capacity
- Installation of fixed hand sanitiser stations within each destination
- Customers will be encouraged to use contactless payment with retailers for transactions
Customers are advised to check the centre websites for information on car parking and if they wish to use the destination’s services, as some may not be available and not all stores will be able to reopen initially.
Mark Bourgeois, Managing Director UK & Ireland at Hammerson, said: “It has been a really challenging time for everyone and we are hugely grateful to the key workers that have done so much over the past few months. We have considered carefully how to create an operating environment that allows the centre and brands to reopen safely.
“Throughout our destinations we will display clear information for consumers on how to shop in this new environment, and we will also be monitoring visitor numbers, to ensure there are never too many people in our spaces at any one time.”
“We ask that people be patient with us though, as the way we shop is going to be different for a while and visits might take longer than usual. We can’t wait to re-open and to welcome back our customers.”