As a responsible business, we have put in place a series of measures aimed at minimising the impact of the Coronavirus outbreak on our colleagues, customers, partners and business operations, and preventing, as far as possible, the spread of the virus.
This includes a dedicated working group, which reports regularly to the Executive Committee on coordinating our response across our portfolio and how we are caring for our colleagues.
We are being led by the latest guidance, advice, and best practice from the Governments and relevant authorities in the regions in which we operate, and are updating our position and policies as soon as any changes occur.
- In France all our centres are closed with only essential retail stores open, with the exception of Nicétoile which is open in line with guidance from the French Government.
- In Ireland, the Government placed the country in Level 5 restrictions until 5 March 2021, meaning our Irish destinations are currently closed, with only essential retail stores and services open.
- In England, the Government has announced a national lockdown until 8 March 2021 meaning that our centres and retail parks in England are closed except for essential retail, click and collect and takeaway.
- In Scotland, a national lockdown will be in place from 5 January, meaning both flagship destinations (Silverburn, Glasgow and Union Square, Aberdeen) and our retail park (Central Retail Park, Falkirk) are closed except for essential retail, click and collect and takeaway.
- In Wales our retail park, Cyfarthfa Retail Park in Merthyr Tydfil, is closed for essential retail, click and collect and takeaway in line with guidance from the Welsh Assembly.
- In line with the latest guidance from the respective national Governments, four outlets across our premium outlet portfolio are open. These are Las Rozas Village, Madrid; Maasmechelen Village, Brussels; Fidenza Village, Milan (which is closed at weekends, but open during weekdays as normal) and La Vallee Village, Paris (which is open until 5.45pm each day).
- La Roca Village, Barcelona; Bicester Village, Oxford; Wertheim Village, Frankfurt; Ingolstadt Village, Munich; Kildare Village, Dublin and Zweibrücken Fashion Outlet are all closed in line with the latest guidance from the respective national governments.
The health and wellbeing of our colleagues, customers, and partners is our priority, and we have a range of additional safety measures across the portfolio.
While the specifics will vary depending on the guidelines in each market, these measures include:
- Clear signage throughout our destinations reminding consumers of the need to follow social distancing guidance, and to avoid shopping in large groups
- Introduction of one-way systems where required
- Installation of hand sanitiser stations
- Enhanced cleaning procedures, and updated processes to ensure cleaning teams are clearly visible to provide reassurance
- Live footfall monitoring to ensure destinations do not exceed revised capacity limits, and the introduction of queuing systems at entrances where required
At our flagship destinations we are currently operating on a split team basis to manage risk. This means that colleagues are divided into two teams, with only one team at the centre at any one time.
We have completed a COVID-19 risk assessment for each of our locations to ensure we have the necessary measures in place to facilitate a safe working environment.
Our head office colleagues in England, Ireland and France are currently working from home.
We are aware that many industries have been hit hard by the pandemic, the third sector being one of them. In 2020 we announced our Giving Back project which will see each of our nine UK flagships donate £20,000 split between up to 10 worthy local causes heavily impacted by the pandemic.
Our priority is, and will remain, the health and well-being of our colleagues, customers, and partners, whilst protecting the long-term value of the Company.